lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 05:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 05:47:36 PM]

[Today at 05:47:01 PM]

[Today at 05:45:19 PM]

[Today at 05:40:01 PM]

[Today at 05:36:31 PM]

[Today at 05:33:48 PM]

[Today at 05:31:47 PM]

[Today at 05:27:58 PM]

by nils
[Today at 05:20:46 PM]

[Today at 05:11:09 PM]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: new starwars trailer drops  (Read 1009 times)
Scurv
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« on: April 14, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=zB4I68XVPzQ

Didn't light any fires for me. Looks like they are just doing a damn rerun of the original movies but 'bigger' and with all your old faves shoehorned in regardless if they are dead or alive. Still others will get so excited a bit of wee comes out so there ya go.

Elbows
galactic brain

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 06:57:41 PM »

So why did you bother making a post about it?  Laugh

2017 Painted Miniatures: 78
(2016: 233, 2015: 32, 2014: 116)

http://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com/
Vanvlak
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 07:07:44 PM »

So why did you bother making a post about it?  Laugh
Because he knows this would still be watched eagerly, and he's a nice enough guy to post it even though he's not a bug fan - thanks Scurv  Cheesy Cool

julius1880
librarian

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »

It looks pretty cool to me. Lets hope that we don't get any surprise deaths in this movie.

\"What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?\"
Frederick the Great
Mr Tough Guy
scientist

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 12:07:44 AM »

well it is just a teaser, and it does pretty much what it should do, give us a bit of a taste, and leaving us wanting more  Cheesy

Scurv
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »

Because he knows this would still be watched eagerly, and he's a nice enough guy to post it even though he's not a bug fan - thanks Scurv  Cheesy Cool

Oh no, I love bugs. This star wars rehash on the other hand.....

but yes, spelling puns aside, I figured a ton of you would like the trailer and start getting ready to build paint and watch yourselves into a torpor of sci fi overindulgence.

Vanvlak
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 10:34:01 AM »

Oh no, I love bugs. This star wars rehash on the other hand.....

but yes, spelling puns aside, I figured a ton of you would like the trailer and start getting ready to build paint and watch yourselves into a torpor of sci fi overindulgence.
Laugh
And there I was thinking you were more of a Mad max fan than Starship Troopers.... Cheesy

A torpor of sci fi overidulgence sounds wonderful.
Scurv
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 02:06:51 AM »

TBH I was a pretty star wars mad kid and that lasted up until phantom menace. Now the love affair with a galaxy far far away is somewhat strained. I liked Rouge One and am looking forward to the Han Solo ones but the continuation of the originals is not my cup of tea anymore.

I was having a big old think about movies and what I am not liking about them these days and the thing that was front and centre is the never ending franchise. I just think it has become such a cash driven thing that most of them happen solely for the sake of the merch. The hordes of fans of course fueling the problem. 

The film I am really excited about is Peter Jacksons right hand doing the mortal engines movie. Huge traction cities eating each other will put me into a torpor of steampunk/PA overindulgence.

There are a few new concept sci fi movies on their way that look pretty good too.

Oh and dont get me started on most of these lets do the 80's films again reboots (mad max fury road aside, that was a visual feast.)
Major_Gilbear
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

God-Emperor of Dune

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 02:42:37 AM »

I was having a big old think about movies and what I am not liking about them these days and the thing that was front and centre is the never ending franchise. I just think it has become such a cash driven thing that most of them happen solely for the sake of the merch. The hordes of fans of course fueling the problem.  

[...]

Oh and dont get me started on most of these lets do the 80's films again reboots (mad max fury road aside, that was a visual feast.)

Yeah, pretty much this for me too. Seems everything these days is a re-make, or a re-boot, or pre/sequel, or a re-imagining. I love going to the cinema, but these days between how long it takes to go/see a film, and then the crap they show... Well, let's just say that I rarely go any more, and often regret it when I do.  Confused

There are a few new concept sci fi movies on their way that look pretty good too.

This too, which also makes even less enthusiastic about going to the cinema.

That said, I will probably go and see the new Star Wars despite knowing better; I think I was the person who least enjoyed Force Awakens, even though I liked Daisy Ridley's character quite a bit. Just seemed like a wasted opportunity to me when the best idea they could come up with was an EVEN BIGGER DEATHSTAR! Oh well.

My painting logs: Beyond the Gates of Antares, and Malifaux.
Dezmond
scientist

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 03:21:53 AM »

I've really gone off Star Wars.

Shame. It used to be my favourite thing in the world.
Scurv
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 03:55:37 AM »

THe expanse was exciting new sci fi. (And yes Desmond your expanse spaceship is 85% printed up and awaiting me to get off my arse and respool the machine to finish it off)
El Grego
Supporting Adventurer
librarian

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:52 PM »

The film I am really excited about is Peter Jacksons right hand doing the mortal engines movie. Huge traction cities eating each other will put me into a torpor of steampunk/PA overindulgence.

At the expense of going off-topic for the section, but this sounds awesome. 

Muzfish4
scientist

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »

Thanks for posting.

I concur that this isn't the most exciting of trailers but I will probably see the film anyway.

capthugeca
scientist

“Life is too important to take seriously.”

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 09:09:30 AM »

TBH I was a pretty star wars mad kid and that lasted up until phantom menace. Now the love affair with a galaxy far far away is somewhat strained. I liked Rogue One and am looking forward to the Han Solo ones but the continuation of the originals is not my cup of tea anymore.

Like you I was Star Wars mad (though in my twenties) but my love lasted as long as the Empire Strikes Back. The Return of the Jedi was a major disappointment (silliy creatures and all the questions answered with the obvious answers) and the the three prequels even worse. Annakin Skywalker's infatuation and turn to the Dark Side were just too unbelievable.
I heard good stuff about the Force Awakens only so went to see it but again disapppointing!
When will the Baddies realise that Death Planets don't work?Huh?
Then came Rogue One which was brilliant - the best of the Star Wars films yet IMHO.
So they still can produce a good film!
So I will give them one last chance with The Last Jedi and if that proves to be a disappointment, then I'll give up.
Han Solo doesn't interest me....I fear it'll be the same as Young Indiana Jones!

I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.
The Voivod
scientist

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »

My relationsship with starwars really took a turn to the worse with the prequels.
I was crazy about it before then. I have loads of the books and loved the expanded universe.

FFG's X-wing rekindled my love for starwars and I started rereading the books.

I know the Force Awakens gets a lot of flak, but I think it was mostly what it needed to be. Reminding a lot of fans  of what they loved about the franchise and introducing the themes and characters to new ones.
The OT is far from flawless as well.

I don't get why so many people (o lot of my friends included) wax lyrical about rogue-1.
But I thought it was fine. I enjoy watching it for the nice starwars action.

I love worldbuilding franchises and really getting into those worlds.
I have huge collections of dragonlance novels, star wars books and marvel comics.
I know plenty of those stories are very hit or miss. Most really aren't that good.
I just love diving into a world I love.

Haven't seen the trailer. I don't watch trailers of movies I truelly intend to watch, but thus far Disney has proven that they know how to handle the franchises I love.
Not everyone will be great, but I assume they probably won't let me go into rage-geek mode.

'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: