lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 11:09:31 AM]

[Today at 11:08:12 AM]

[Today at 11:04:28 AM]

[Today at 10:58:24 AM]

[Today at 10:54:57 AM]

[Today at 10:52:42 AM]

[Today at 10:39:26 AM]

[Today at 10:33:48 AM]

[Today at 10:33:27 AM]

[Today at 10:30:52 AM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Pulp Alley question - stealth  (Read 440 times)
kerrygray8
student

« on: April 06, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »

Howdy,

This question is probably best posed on the Pulp Alley forum, but whilst I am waiting for my registration on that forum to be processed my curiosity is getting the better of me!

I'm wondering if 'attacking from hidden' in PA (using the 'Stealth' rules) is intended to just be for Brawl attacks or for Shoot attacks as well?  If the latter, it would seem a model could hide and then in a following turn make an unopposed Shoot attack with no chance of being spotted provided the target is more than 12" (spotting distance) away.

Perhaps this is how PA intends to represent snipers? I appreciate that setting this up correctly is probably going to severely limit what else the sniping model can achieve in 6 turns, and perhaps that is all the balance that this needs?

Cheers!

whomever1
assistant

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 01:07:21 AM »

No doubt someone can answer this more authoritatively than I but the rules state that: "When a hidden character attacks, the target immediately has a chance to spot them." I read this as different from the rule that you can roll to spot if you move or activate within 12". So sniping is fine if you can get into a good position, but there's always a chance the target spots the flash of sunlight on your telescopic sight.
blacksoilbill
mad scientist

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 08:41:28 AM »

Rules say "when a character attacks, the target immediately has a chance to spot them." We've always played that this is the case regardless of the distance between the characters. The 12" rule is for trying to spot a character who is not trying to attack you.

kerrygray8
student

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:42:26 AM »

Ah yes - that makes a lot of sense. Mostly I only get a chance to read rulebooks late at night, so my brain may not be firing on all cylinders  Smiley
blacksoilbill
mad scientist

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »

I know the feeling!
d phipps
scatterbrained genius

Pulp Alley

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »

Thanks for joining the Pulp Alley forum. You should be ready to login now.

blackoilbill and whomever1 are 100% correct. THANKS for the question.  Cheesy

FYI -- Yes, Stealth rules are intended to apply to Brawl and Shooting attacks.

HAVE FUN

David Phipps, Pulp Alley
dave@pulpalley.com
kerrygray8
student

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »

Great, thanks Dave :oD

I only discovered Pulp Alley recently and most of my gaming buddies only really do RPG'ing - however, I am currently trying to 'sell' it to my gaming group..... (.....and my wife...... she's a big Doctor Who fan so I'm creating a League with The Doctor + Companions and a League with Davros + Daleks....).

I will no doubt pop up on the PA forum from time-to-time Shocked)
d phipps
scatterbrained genius

Pulp Alley

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 11:52:48 PM »

Great, thanks Dave :oD

I only discovered Pulp Alley recently and most of my gaming buddies only really do RPG'ing - however, I am currently trying to 'sell' it to my gaming group..... (.....and my wife...... she's a big Doctor Who fan so I'm creating a League with The Doctor + Companions and a League with Davros + Daleks....).

I will no doubt pop up on the PA forum from time-to-time Shocked)

That sounds great. We've had really good feedback from lady gamers. It may be because Pulp Alley lets you focus on the story rather than endless pages of tables and charts.  Wink Laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: