lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2017, 01:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 12:52:15 PM]

[Today at 12:51:37 PM]

[Today at 12:48:21 PM]

[Today at 12:47:18 PM]

[Today at 12:44:44 PM]

[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

[Today at 12:32:03 PM]

[Today at 12:25:16 PM]

[Today at 12:11:52 PM]

[Today at 12:08:22 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Trio of House Taranis Knights  (Read 648 times)
Legiocustodes
librarian

Old school gamer since 1990!

« on: March 17, 2017, 12:21:00 PM »

Recently I have set up a new wargaming group consisting of fellow soldiers, sailors and airmen from the UK and we have been enjoying monthly meets to smash out various battles across the tabletop.

One of my best friends in this group is a Navy officer and for years he has endured watching his hordes of guardsman being mowed down by my Space Marines in battle-after-battle. So needless to say I was quite surprised at our latest meeting when he did not produce mass platoons of infantry from his carry case, but rather some shiny silver Terminator-clad clad warriors....that's right, he had replaced his ill-fated guardsmen with a compact force of Grey Knights, including two Dread Knights!! I then watched in sheer horror as his force shredded my poor Crimson Fists in a few turns.

Obviously art the time I smiled and took it gracefully whilst secretly crying inside... however when I got home I knew I had to do something to re-balance the equilibrium of things and so I re-started a project I had begun some years earlier... My trio of House Taranis Imperial Knights:

When I got these giant miniatures out the box I realised that I had only previously managed to get as far as spraying the exo-skeletons silver and so I literally locked myself in my room for three hours every night after work in order to finish these beasts off!

There is literally nothing like a stinging defeat to spark of a ridiculous arms race!

We have our next game scheduled for this Saturday and I am looking forward to teaching my good buddy that the only thing better than a Grey Knight is a big Red Knight!!

I have included a few more pictures on my blog at:

http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/imperial-knights-for-40k-house-taranis.html

Check out my blog for all things 30k, 40k, Oldhammer and tutorials:
http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk
Samsonov
lurker

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »

Nice combination of colours, the silver and red.
fitterpete
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:41:47 AM »

Nicely done! I also like the color combos. Most peoples painted knights look too bright and glossy(like a freshly waxed car).I like the flatter and more realistic,without being dirty, look you achieved with the armor.
I guess I should get mine out of the box Roll Eyes
dijit
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

And when Eric eats a banana...

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »

There is something very nice about those minis. Though i still think a 6x4 table is too small for them. But lovely painting nonetheless.

Dr Mathias
LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »

Excellent work, I really like them.

There is literally nothing like a stinging defeat to spark off a ridiculous arms race!

Laugh that's a great line. I recall those 'arms race' days back in high school in the early 90s very clearly Smiley

… a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

Everything Is Better With Vampire Supermodels

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 09:57:56 PM »

I recall those 'arms race' days back in high school in the early 90s very clearly Smiley

GW's Marketing Strategy!  Wink

BTW> Legiocustodes, great brushwork, CONGRATULATIONS! 

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: