lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2017, 06:23:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Total Members: 6609
Latest: Stan Shinn
Stats
Total Posts: 1218602
Total Topics: 94185
Online Today: 356
Online Ever: 697
(July 31, 2016, 10:46:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 22
Guests: 225
Total: 247
Recent
[Today at 06:18:53 AM]

[Today at 06:10:27 AM]

[Today at 06:04:09 AM]

[Today at 05:32:45 AM]

[Today at 05:32:25 AM]

[Today at 05:30:53 AM]

[Today at 05:21:40 AM]

by gyg
[Today at 05:16:48 AM]

[Today at 05:16:45 AM]

[Today at 05:16:08 AM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Torpedo boats for Hammerhead show 28mm  (Read 936 times)
nevermore
mastermind

« on: February 24, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

Torpedo boats for Hammerhead show 28mm

Number of Torpedo boats that should protect the main colonial boat for game we will be putting on at the Hammerhead show, idea is to get that boat across the table (12ft in total) under a barage of artillery from the Chinese imperial army, by passing the Taku fort, the torpedo are to cover and protect the main boat, game should only take 20 minutes to get a outcome.Of course there will be plenty of buildings and plenty of Boxer figures attacking the large village to add that little bit more to the game.

images hosting

pc screenshot

image sharing sites

upload images free

gif upload

how to take a screenshot on a pc

The Victorian Outpost

Its a new gaming place in Grimsby with new terrain and new scenery, lots of respect for all wargamers and is the best place to game in town.

Anybody who wishes to visit the venue to arrange a game then  just pm me and lets roll those dice.

http://www.victorian-steel.co
Deedles
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »

Looking good

Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/
Vagabond
mad scientist

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 05:36:37 PM »

Hi nevermore
I like the look of these, especially the last one, do you mind explaining how you did the boat sides, is it thick card bent into shape?
The boiler and funnel are they bespoke pieces or did you make them as well, if so how did you do the rivets and what did you use for the cylinders?

Final unrelated question, I've not been to Hammerhead before, I am thinking of going this year, but it's quite a long way. There looks to be a lot of interesting games going on, including yours. How do you think it compare to the York and Sheffield shows.
Thanks

Marine0846
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:49:20 PM »

Fine looking models.
They look perfect for gamming.
Look forward to seeing photos of the battle.

Semper Fi, Mac
ushistoryprof
mad scientist

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:57:35 PM »

Really nice pieces Shocked
dhtandco
scientist

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 07:24:25 PM »

The torpedo boats are ex PMC models now sold by Dave Ryan at caliver books on the miniaturefigurines page listing Dave went out of his way to make sure we got them in time for our game, so big thank you to him.

Hammerhead has around 50 games all participation and lots of traders, free parking and is at the same venue as the new Partizan show all one level good disabled access and is a very friendly show.We all want you to play our game and come over and chat
Best show of the year IMHO

GDonk
assistant

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »

Hi nevermore
I like the look of these, especially the last one, do you mind explaining how you did the boat sides, is it thick card bent into shape?
The boiler and funnel are they bespoke pieces or did you make them as well, if so how did you do the rivets and what did you use for the cylinders?

Final unrelated question, I've not been to Hammerhead before, I am thinking of going this year, but it's quite a long way. There looks to be a lot of interesting games going on, including yours. How do you think it compare to the York and Sheffield shows.
Thanks
Quite a long way !!!! - I live in Guernsey, CI and attended my first two shows last year, Hammerhead and Salute, and all I will say is, I'll be back at Hammerhead again this year. Hope to see you there, GDonk.
GDonk
assistant

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:48:15 PM »

Torpedo boats for Hammerhead show 28mm

Number of Torpedo boats that should protect the main colonial boat for game we will be putting on at the Hammerhead show, idea is to get that boat across the table (12ft in total) under a barage of artillery from the Chinese imperial army, by passing the Taku fort, the torpedo are to cover and protect the main boat, game should only take 20 minutes to get a outcome.Of course there will be plenty of buildings and plenty of Boxer figures attacking the large village to add that little bit more to the game.

images hosting

pc screenshot

image sharing sites

upload images free

gif upload

how to take a screenshot on a pc
Sorry nevermore, what I of course meant to say first was, very nice boats, I very much look forward to seeing them in the flesh at Hammerhead  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Cheers, GDonk
nevermore
mastermind

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »

I only painted these up, but if you want me to create one showing pictures on how i could do it, i fancy a larger one with a few more trimmings.
marianas_gamer
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 11:03:20 PM »

More nice boats Love I like the palette.
LB

War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 04:28:17 AM »

Excellent!
Vagabond
mad scientist

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 11:10:25 AM »

Quite a long way !!!! - I live in Guernsey, CI and attended my first two shows last year, Hammerhead and Salute, and all I will say is, I'll be back at Hammerhead again this year. Hope to see you there, GDonk.

With that sort of a recommendation looks like I shall be going.

I only painted these up, but if you want me to create one showing pictures on how i could do it, i fancy a larger one with a few more trimmings.

I thought these were scratch built, my mistake Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: