lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 05:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 05:49:58 PM]

[Today at 05:47:36 PM]

[Today at 05:47:01 PM]

[Today at 05:40:01 PM]

[Today at 05:36:31 PM]

[Today at 05:33:48 PM]

[Today at 05:31:47 PM]

[Today at 05:27:58 PM]

by nils
[Today at 05:20:46 PM]

[Today at 05:11:09 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Space, My New 28mm Frontier (April 25: Medical Unit)  (Read 16184 times)
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels

« Reply #210 on: April 15, 2017, 04:00:11 AM »

A couple of guards is one thing, but I'm staying away from the dark side.
   l
ol Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

BTW: lovely space bikes and riders!  Wink

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

"If it's tourist season, why we can't shoot them?"
- Me, of course.
vodkafan
mad scientist

« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »

These look great. I have no particular Star Wars bent, I can take it or leave it, but I do like speeder bikes. I invested heavily in the Ramshackle speeder bike kickstarter a while back
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #212 on: April 15, 2017, 11:17:25 PM »

Thanks for writing and for the kind words and faces.  The repurposed bikes have been a lot fun putting together.  I've just about finished with the painting of the two unpainted ones I posted here.  This afternoon following my Saturday swap meet adventure I stopped by the Heroclix store to see if I could pick up a couple more items from the 50-cent bins that will allow me to do a couple more bikes/needed handlebars.  The store owner told me that the bowman that I called the Archer is Hawkeye and the figure riding the very spaceship-looking bike is the Black Knight.  Sounds good to me.
Aquamarine
assistant

« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2017, 01:53:35 AM »

Looking forwards to seeing all your hard work come together. Your postings are appreciated, entertaining and provide a good service for finding scifi models and sources. I thought this picture will be inspiring and keeping with your vision.
[/URL]
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2017, 05:59:53 AM »

Great picture.  Thank you.  As I mentioned when I began this "thread" most of my collections grow out of a theme that I am interested in and figures that I have seen and love.  Because the theme and most of the figures are with me from the beginning the layout/diorama forms a rather clear mental picture for me almost from the beginning.  This project is different in that is was driven by a theme... Firefly and Eavesdown Docks.  That theme is still central to the look I hope to achieve when I construct the diorama and photograph the gallery,  But when I began the project I really knew of very few figures that I could draw upon for use in it and thought that I would just be throwing together odds and ends to get the best result I could.  Thus my early postings are of Heroclix figures that I felt would work with this project.  It wasn't until I really got into the work that I began to find some wonderful, purpose-sculpted space (non-40k) figures that I love.  Consequently, in viewing this thread I am sharing with you what I have found, and I hope it proves to be a map for others who are looking for interesting figures that can be incorporated into a space-related project.  Still a lot to do.
SotF
scientist

« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2017, 05:51:46 AM »

If you're looking for Star Wars ideas, a great place to find some interesting things that could make for interesting builds is Star Wars: The Old Republic. Free game to play, lots of rather interesting bits that could work well for both wargaming and RPG stuff
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2017, 08:29:33 PM »

SotF, looks like an interesting site.  Crazy as it may sound, I'm not a gamer.  I love the figures, painting, repurposing and creating layouts, but I just never caught the gaming bug.
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2017, 11:13:43 PM »

A few months ago at Brookhurst Hobbies I was fortunate to come upon and purchase nine of the Monolith Designs’ Sci-Fi buildings: three of the single-story Sci-Fi Gothic Bunkers, three of the two-story Sci-Fi Gothic Bunkers and three of the Spaceport Domestic Buildings (one each of three different domestic building types).  If you’ve tried to add Monolith Designs’ terrain to your collections in recent years, you know it is very hard to do.  To the best of my knowledge I bought up all of the Sci-Fi buildings that Brookhurst had available, and I was very happy to get them.
I’ve attached pictures of two of the bunker-style buildings I have just completed painting.  The only modification work I did on these was to hide what appears to have been a shell hit on one corner of the two-story building.  I did that with Milliput and textured the Milliput patching with the brush-end of a toothbrush.  I am painting these buildings in the same color scheme I used with my Middle Eastern buildings because I hope to include a few of those in my spaceport layout.

dinohunterpoa
mastermind

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2017, 12:48:05 AM »

Awesome texture and color!  Wink
Dr Mathias
LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »

I like the look of those, they're pretty close to what I plan to do for my desert world. Good job on them!

… a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2017, 04:03:40 AM »

Dr Mathias, if you haven’t bought or made the buildings for your desert world yet, take a look at the buildings made by Kobblestone Miniatures.  I used a lot of Kobblestone Miniatures’ buildings in my Pulp Egyptian collection.  They are beautiful structures.  I’ve attached a few pictures of the Kobblestone buildings I painted for that collection below.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:05:50 AM by War In 15MM » Logged
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2017, 04:09:24 AM »

Dr Mathias, I should note that the Middle Eastern buildings I will be using with my spaceport from my Egypt collection won't be Kobblestone simply because I want to keep the look of my spaceport buildings simple and the Kobblestone buildings are too handsome for that purpose.
Dr Mathias
LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2017, 04:25:31 AM »

Those look great Smiley
War In 15MM
mastermind

« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2017, 09:50:55 PM »

I finished the last of my 10 Monolith Designs’ Sci-Fi buildings… really happy that I found these.  In this posting I am including the three Domestic Buildings and two more of the two-story Bunkers.  While I have already included  pictures of one of the first two-story Bunkers I did, I am including these two because one shows the shell hit on the building's corner (I left one of the buildings in its original form; no Milliput patching) and I included the second because I wanted to show the annex I am butting up to it.  The small domed annex is a broken toy part I found at the swap meet a couple years ago and bought it because I hoped to find a purpose for it in my Space collection.  It required some modification… mostly the addition of some Evergreen Plastic where things (unknown) were missing leaving unwanted openings in the piece.  Rather than painting it in Natural Steel or Stone Grey (the color I used on many of my spacecraft) I decided to go with a color scheme close to the colors I’ve used on the Monolith buildings.  I sprayed it flat back and then drybrushed it overall with a mix of Vallejo Copper and Flat Brown.  When that was dry, I gave it a light highlighting with Vallejo Natural Steel.  I have also included here a Monolith Designs’ Middle Eastern building (another Brookhurst Hobbies’ find) I will be including in my Space community.  That building was painted a couple years ago when I did my Pulp Egyptian archeological dig collection.
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »

AWESOME! Loved the textures and colors!  Love Love Love Love Love
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up

Jump to: