lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 12:42:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 12:40:04 AM]

by M.P.
[Today at 12:31:57 AM]

by Nord
[Today at 12:31:11 AM]

[Today at 12:24:03 AM]

[Today at 12:17:39 AM]

[Today at 12:15:42 AM]

[Today at 12:14:50 AM]

[Today at 12:08:10 AM]

[Today at 12:08:09 AM]

[Today at 12:01:15 AM]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Thaw of the Lich Lord Campaign - 2017  (Read 2984 times)
Hammers
Amateur papiermachiéer
Supporting Adventurer
elder god

Workbench and Pulp Moderator

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »

Thank you, schoon!  I made that from an old wood ship model.  I couldn't believe my good luck when I was at a flea market about two years ago, and found this old dusty broken up wood model of a Napoleonic she under construction.  Becuase it was so dilapidated the seller was asking a pretty reasonable price, so I snatched it up  I had a friend waterline it for me, and I did the rest.  You can see my blog article on how I "Frostgraved" it here:

Very nice indeed.

archmage45
assistant

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 01:04:06 PM »

Yeah your ne t campaign started.

Thanks I really enjoyed reading all the reports. You all really have a knack for telling a nice story.

By the way does a wizard casting aborb knowledge need to spent a level up if he is successful, or does he learn the spell without giving up anything an receiving 50 exp.?

I wish you all an as great campaign like the last one.

I'm not really sure I understand your question. It's an out of game spell, that if you cast after a game that your wizard survives, you get a free 50xp. Not sure what you'd have to give up?
SerialMoM
scientist

War never changes

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 01:23:37 PM »

I'm not really sure I understand your question. It's an out of game spell, that if you cast after a game that your wizard survives, you get a free 50xp. Not sure what you'd have to give up?

Normally you need to use a level up to learn a new spell, so it seems to be that you can learn this spell without giving up this level up, correct?

Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=47609.0

archmage45
assistant

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »

Normally you need to use a level up to learn a new spell, so it seems to be that you can learn this spell without giving up this level up, correct?

Sure... except that it was one of my starting spells. And you don't give up the level, you just use your leveling up to learn the spell. So for example, my wizard went from 0 to 4th level. He can "spend" those level up to say learn a new spell, improve an old one, increase his health, and increase his fight score. But he's still level 4.
CPalmer
librarian

Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »

Very nice indeed.

Thank you, Hammers!

Thanks I really enjoyed reading all the reports. You all really have a knack for telling a nice story.

By the way does a wizard casting aborb knowledge need to spent a level up if he is successful, or does he learn the spell without giving up anything an receiving 50 exp.?

SerialMoM-   Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our game reports!  I'm glad you are enjoying them.

As archmage45 has pointed out, you don't have to sacrifice a level to learn a new spell.  Learning the spell is one of the possible bonuses you get for gaining a level (raising a stat point, and lowering a spell casting number are the other two level bonuses you can choose from).
  Once learned, a spell can be cast as many times as you want without having to pay any cost to re-learn it. So, if you have learned Absorb Knowledge at some previous point, you may cast it after any game without any additional cost to you.

If you have further questions about this spell, you may want to ask in the pinned Rules Questions thread at the top of the page.  There the author may be able to answer more concisely than we have.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:08:29 PM by CPalmer » Logged

"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Knabe
student

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

SerialMoM,

Absorb Knowledge is just a spell that allows you to gain 50 points of experience just for successfully casting it after a game.  Your wizard has to survive the scenario to be eligible to cast it.  The spell does not allow you to learn a new spell.  It's kind of like casting Brew Potion except instead of a potion, you get 50 xp.

Knabe
SerialMoM
scientist

War never changes

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 02:27:53 PM »

Ahhh thank you, I totally misunderstood this spell.  Hypno

Thanks for sharing your great reports and kindly answering my not so clever question.
Timeshadow
scientist

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »

Absorb knowledge just gives you 50 extra xp after a mission which your wizard is not ko'ed and successfully casts. It does not let you learn any spells.
Knabe
student

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »

I finally finished my game report from our second 2017 Frostgrave Campaign.  We played the second scenario from Thaw of the Lich Lord.  The table looked good with all the various ships.

http://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:51:36 AM by Knabe » Logged
SerialMoM
scientist

War never changes

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 07:04:39 PM »

Thank you Knabe.
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 11:04:40 PM »

We played the third scenario from "Thaw of the Lich Lord", Loot the Cart, this past Saturday; modified for our purposes to, Loot the Caravan!

My Sigilist, Quailelyn's report can be found here: http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2017/03/frostgrave-campaign-game-3-loot-caravan.html

"The Maga Librarian peered through the swirling storm (Now intensified to a third level) to try and see what was happening to her Apprentice.  Nearby, Luc Demic called out, "Watch out Ma'am!" as he raised his crossbow to fire at her. Quickly she realized it wasn't her he was aiming at, but instead it was a Large Rat, nearly the size of a big dog,  that had crawled out of a pile of nearby rubble and was almost upon her..."

Cool Dad
bookworm

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »

Love the big green statue. Is that an Age of Sigmar undead thingy?
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2017, 10:52:54 PM »

Love the big green statue. Is that an Age of Sigmar undead thingy?

Thanks!  It a Warhammer Vampire Count's Coven Throne, with a couple modifications.

For the full construction blog article, see: http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2017/02/gw-vampire-counts-coven-throne.html
Knabe
student

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 03:50:52 PM »

Hello,

Here's the latest installment from our 2017 campaign season:  http://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/2017/04/campaign-game-3-wagons-ho.html

Knabe

jp1885
mastermind

"An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 04:53:35 PM »

You guys certainly do things on a grand scale - bravo!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: