lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 10:38:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 10:37:45 PM]

[Today at 10:37:17 PM]

[Today at 10:35:24 PM]

[Today at 10:35:14 PM]

[Today at 10:34:29 PM]

[Today at 10:33:39 PM]

[Today at 10:17:29 PM]

[Today at 10:02:50 PM]

[Today at 09:52:08 PM]

[Today at 09:48:14 PM]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Thaw of the Lich Lord Campaign - 2017  (Read 3043 times)
Knabe
student

« on: January 19, 2017, 02:55:52 AM »

Hello,

My gaming group just started the Thaw of the Lich Lord campaign.  We plan to play all 10 scenarios, plus 2 homegrown ones, one a month during 2017.  We just finished our first game this past Saturday.  We have 8 players but only 6 were available.

With 8 players, some of the scenarios will be a challenge to work out - but that's part of the fun.

Tune in to this thread here each month as we post game reports and other bits about our campaign.

Here's the first report by my Sigilist, Bemis      http://wargamingnotes.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!
Knabe

Bemis and his Apprentice Agarn

supervike
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:49:24 AM »

Fun report and sounds like a great start to your campaign.

Main Blog

Minis Painted =10  Minis out=16 Minis in=4
CPalmer
librarian

Rules Author, Dealer In Antiquities, Mad Scientist

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »

I'm also playing in the campaign that Knabe is and have posted a report as well from the viewpoint of my wizard, another Sigilist.

For the exciting tale of Maga Librarian Quailelyn during the Eclipse scenario, see my latest blog entry: http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2017/01/frostgrave-campaign-17-game-1-eclipse.html

And here's a view of the table set-up we used:

"I have wrought my simple plan,
if I give one hour's joy,
to the boy who's half a man,
or the man who's half a boy!"
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
jp1885
mastermind

"An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »

Great write-ups guys!

schoon
Supporting Adventurer
librarian

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:50 PM »

Great terrain!

Where'd you get your statue?
Timeshadow
scientist

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:11:43 PM »

Loved it. Can't wait to here more. (Hopefully some of the other players will do write up's)
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 06:29:01 PM »

Loved it. Can't wait to here more. (Hopefully some of the other players will do write up's)

Great write-ups guys!

Great terrain!

Where'd you get your statue?

Thanks for the comments!  I'm glad you all are enjoying the reports.

schoon- Assuming you mean the large statue of the female fighter up on the hill; I made it from an old Grenadier "Colossal Lords" kit I got from a friend. It's solid lead, so it ways a ton!  I believe it was sold as "Female Paladin".

Timeshadow-  Based on our experiences last year, there's usually three of us that submit after-game reports regularly.  This time though, the third fellow wasn't able to play.  Next month there should be three reports. Smiley
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »

So, this past Saturday was our second game!  We did the second scenario from Thaw of the Lich Lord: "Battle on the River".

It was a great game, and seeing everybody's ships laid out on 12' of river was really cool to behold.  My Sigilist, Quailelyn, and her Apprentice, Bailisette, ended up being caught between a rock (Soothsayer's warband) and a hard place (Summoner's warband) which resulted in over half of my warband being brought down during the battle, and only two treasures retrieved!  

For the full exciting blow-by-blow account  Cheesy please visit my blog:  Battle on the River

"...Quail regained herself quickly though, and seeing a rotting old crate half buried in the ice a few yards away, her mind turned to the ships' cargo. What wondrous things might be hidden in those old hulks? She didn't have long to consider that thought, for as she gazed across the frozen expanse of the once great Meregile River, her eye was caught by movement on the far bank. Sure enough, she saw soldiers from two other wizards' warbands moving on the far side,..."

jp1885
mastermind

"An enquiring mind is sufficient qualification"

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »

Looks amazing!
archmage45
assistant

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »

http://towerofthearchmage.blogspot.com/2017/02/frostgrave-on-frozen-river.html
The Doctors' report!

schoon
Supporting Adventurer
librarian

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 06:10:15 PM »

Wow! That ship from the last few pics is amazing!
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:22:58 PM »

Great report and photos, archmage! It was fun to see things from the other side of the table. Smiley

Looks amazing!

Thank you, jp!

Wow! That ship from the last few pics is amazing!

Thank you, schoon!  I made that from an old wood ship model.  I couldn't believe my good luck when I was at a flea market about two years ago, and found this old dusty broken up wood model of a Napoleonic ship under construction.  Becuase it was so dilapidated the seller was asking a pretty reasonable price, so I snatched it up  I had a friend waterline it for me, and I did the rest.  You can see my blog article on how I "Frostgraved" it here:
http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2016/01/making-frostgraves-harbor-part-i.html

and

http://onemoregamingproject.blogspot.com/2016/01/making-frostgraves-harbor-part-ii.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:02:48 PM by CPalmer » Logged
schoon
Supporting Adventurer
librarian

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 10:42:18 PM »

Great blog posts!

For thawing ice and "water patches" it might work better to have the snow and ice textured, and the water smooth with gloss medium.
CPalmer
librarian

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 12:13:12 AM »

Great blog posts!

For thawing ice and "water patches" it might work better to have the snow and ice textured, and the water smooth with gloss medium.

Thanks, schoon! 
Yeah, I was never really happy with that experiment....that's why I only ever made the one.  You're right, still water would probably have been better.
SerialMoM
scientist

War never changes

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »

Yeah your ne t campaign started.

Thanks I really enjoyed reading all the reports. You all really have a knack for telling a nice story.

By the way does a wizard casting aborb knowledge need to spent a level up if he is successful, or does he learn the spell without giving up anything an receiving 50 exp.?

I wish you all an as great campaign like the last one.

Please help me with my Fallout rules, picture heavy!!
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=47609.0

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: