lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 08:01:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 08:00:50 PM]

[Today at 08:00:30 PM]

[Today at 08:00:17 PM]

[Today at 07:59:25 PM]

[Today at 07:58:51 PM]

[Today at 07:58:45 PM]

[Today at 07:56:58 PM]

[Today at 07:55:30 PM]

[Today at 07:47:29 PM]

[Today at 07:47:12 PM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Poldercon Horror Game  (Read 2741 times)
pistolpete
scientist

i believe that we will win

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 04:27:13 PM »

Those are great plot points.  Nice write up, looked like a fun game.

"remember, rent money is for rent" - telly savalas
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 08:27:32 PM »

Finnegan, that is just awesome, CONGRATULATIONS! 

I think that this thread should be copied to the Gothic Horror Board as well - a way to get more players inspired of using PA and the Horror Deck in their games!  Wink

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsťbet BŠthory - 1560-1614 (?)

"If it's tourist season, why we can't shoot them?"
- Me, of course.
Corver
student

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 12:11:07 PM »

I saw you there but you were busy and all booked up. I play at that club in Utrecht sometimes and wouldnt mind a game. working on some of my own pulp models so want to see if these rules could be used.
Finnegan
Supporting Adventurer
assistant

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2017, 11:29:59 PM »

I am late posting an update on this game. Apologies for that. Besides some minor purchases I came home with the flu from Poldercon and ran a fever for a couple of days. Still haven't fully recovered yet. Considering that this was the first time I hosted a game at a convention things went o.k. but there are things that can be improved upon. Using different colours for each type of die is one of them and also, in games involving players who are completely unfamiliar with the game, it would have been helpful to have had two hosts. One assisting each league, that way speeding up the game and being able to explain things in more detail to players. I had one very experienced player and he even learned me something new Cheesy The monster league won all three games and the general opinion was that Frankie the monster was pretty unbeatable. Still, in our own test games the monster hunter league won half of the games but this was sometimes achieved by concentrating on the four minor plot points instead of the major one. It was a pitty Tehekai had to cancel due to his work but luckily my youngest stepped in and assisted as best as he could Smiley Underneath some pictures of the event. Enjoy.

@Corver: I am located in the south of the Netherlands close to the Belgium border and am not familiar with the club in Utrecht. Wouldn't mind playing some games though. I have no doubt that the rules will work well with what you have in mind for your own pulp models.

dinohunterpoa
mastermind

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 11:39:54 PM »

AMAZING scenery and miniatures!  Love Love Love Love Love
Mad Lord Snapcase
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Pulp Alley Phantom Agent

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 02:46:44 PM »

AMAZING scenery and miniatures!  Love Love Love Love Love

Exactly what I thought!

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition."
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Exactly what I thought!

That pumpkin patch is PRICELESS!  Love

That kind of "classical" Gothic Horror scenery (spooky village, graveyard, old castle...) - along with West Wind minis, of course - is the reason I don't give up the genera in spite of all those Post Apoc gaming my group has been doing in the last few years!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:56:31 PM by dinohunterpoa » Logged
Wolf Girl
mastermind

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 06:29:14 PM »

WOW!!!   Love Love Love

I am late posting an update on this game. Apologies for that. Besides some minor purchases I came home with the flu from Poldercon and ran a fever for a couple of days. Still haven't fully recovered yet. Considering that this was the first time I hosted a game at a convention things went o.k. but there are things that can be improved upon. Using different colours for each type of die is one of them and also, in games involving players who are completely unfamiliar with the game, it would have been helpful to have had two hosts. One assisting each league, that way speeding up the game and being able to explain things in more detail to players. I had one very experienced player and he even learned me something new Cheesy The monster league won all three games and the general opinion was that Frankie the monster was pretty unbeatable. Still, in our own test games the monster hunter league won half of the games but this was sometimes achieved by concentrating on the four minor plot points instead of the major one. It was a pitty Tehekai had to cancel due to his work but luckily my youngest stepped in and assisted as best as he could Smiley Underneath some pictures of the event. Enjoy.

@Corver: I am located in the south of the Netherlands close to the Belgium border and am not familiar with the club in Utrecht. Wouldn't mind playing some games though. I have no doubt that the rules will work well with what you have in mind for your own pulp models.

You did an amazing job. Wish I could have been there!  Wink

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com
blacksoilbill
mad scientist

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 01:17:13 AM »

Looks fantastic! Great work.

Tehekai
student

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »

I'm late but glad to see the pic's. To bad I wasn't abble to attend.
Next year another game??

\"History is a fiction that we have agreed upon\"
Oldben1
mad scientist

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »

It's the stuff that dreams are made of . . .
Dr. The Viking
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »

Nice looking game. Pulp Alley really is everything these days... I guess I should get into that Horror version at some point.

G.T.T.

Prisoner 24601
agent_pumpkin
assistant

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

Wow that game sounds and looks great.  Shocked

Sorry for the daft question, but Was the Monster a GM/umpire controlled Terror?
dinohunterpoa
mastermind

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »

It's the stuff that dreams are made of . . .

EXACTLY!!!  Cheesy
Finnegan
Supporting Adventurer
assistant

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2017, 08:58:16 PM »

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

@dinohunterpoa. The pumpkin patch was scratchbuild by Tehekai and many people complimented on it during the day. Miniatures used were a mix of Westwind and Blue Moon which, I agree, are great for these kind of classis gothic horror games.

@agent_pumpkin. The monster was controlled by the Docter and his league. We played the death trap scenario from the basic rulebook but deployed the monster separated and surrounded instead of the leader.

@Tehekai. Sure, we will give it a retry next year. This time keep a better eye on your agenda Wink

I can recommend the horror rules / card deck to every one. We had great fun using them. Although I am planning for some more traditional pulp games at the moment I will certainly return at some time for some more horror games.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: