Cheers for all the comments, they really are much appreciated!
Akula, much, much appreciated, but this thing is huge and I can barely get bits to come out in one piece from my casting attempts - this thing'd be mainly airbubbles with bits of resin in it!
This is going to sound weird, but I actually thought I updated this earlier... The glue fumes must be getting to me.
So, this is going to be a bit of an imagedump. In the end, I went with longer wings, to get a bit of that A-wing style into the ship. I've made them nice and thick so they won't break when I handle them (also, since it's a spacecraft, there's little reason optimise for aerodynamics. For the times it'll be in atmo, I reckon if it's got a drive capable of going to superluminal speeds, it't got enough power to make ordinary physics go sit in the corner. )
WiP, from last week:
This was where I was saturday evening, when I put everything away:
Wings are put together and the surface scored, the underside built with cutouts for the landing gear, and the air intakes (Yes, air intakes on a spacecraft. It's for... reasons. Mainly because I like them. I'll think up a reason at some point, possibly refuelling from gas planets. ) cut out and ready to go.
And with a bit of work today, I'm at this point:
Also, the pilot showed up from Hasslefree, so I could take some scale shots:
She's gotten fairly big, but that's just a bonus. The plan has always been to use her for terrain when a mate and I try out Rogue Stars, and the pilot might become a NPC or something, so large is good.
The to-do list is getting shorter -the plan right now is to build some wingtip cannons - and I've finally tracked down the steel rod I've got lying about for that -, build the landing gear, make a cockpit opening mechanism, and then I'll just need to fill some gaps, do the greeblies, and paint her, plus the pilot.
And THEN I can finally get back to the larger build I originally started for the terrain!