Right, been really busy lately so instead of stage by stage photos I've just stuck stuff onto this thing as and when I could. Though I did get a few shots of drawing out wings and such so you can see how I did it.
I used juice carton tabs for the feet/landing things. Thought I'd taken a photo of them seperately but that seems to have dissapeared! They just used a couple of metal MG tripods bent into place and super glued to buggery to make sure they're strong.
For the gun emplacement on the top of the fag flyer the gun shield was some plasticard just bent a bit and glued into place. The gun itself is a pen nib, with the inside of it poked out and reinserted in the reverse manner to create the cannon. I also had some spare screws so they were used those on top of the gun empacement, makes it look pretty secure.
Whilst most of the 'raised' details are just cardboard cut out and just stuck on to represent control surfaces or raised armour plates I have used the odd bit of commercial product to add detail. (Most of which donated by OverevvedSquat)
In no particular order;
1. Old plastic rhino bulldozer blades as thruster housing under the wings.
2. Old plastic rhino doors for the cabin doors. They open up in front of the engines, which amuses me greatly.
3. A metal GW tank aerial and some random games foot/base as a comms unit at the back.
4. Random tank exhausts as control surfaces.
5 Random GW tank thing for the back door. Saved me cutting out more cardboard and getting superglue everywhere.
6. Space marine bike shield to stick onto the top of the gun. I was desperate to stick it somewhere. Well, just desperate in general really.
That's about it.
I realize it's a rough build, but that's fine by me. It may well have been in service for 10,000 years and this things seen alot in that time. Ramming ships, tanks, planets and the like it was designed with its own survival in mind rather than the crews. Just retrieve it, strap it/weld it together again and off it goes. You can hose the crew remains out too if you have the time.
There's a tiny bit left to do, a cap to go onto the central part of the fan blades, a rim for the lights on the ends of the wings/tail and trimming some greenstuff off. But it's pretty much done.