lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2017, 12:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 12:14:17 AM]

[Today at 12:03:48 AM]

[Today at 12:03:17 AM]

[Today at 12:02:57 AM]

[Today at 12:02:24 AM]

[February 21, 2017, 11:58:20 PM]

by AWu
[February 21, 2017, 11:54:31 PM]

[February 21, 2017, 11:45:16 PM]

[February 21, 2017, 11:36:19 PM]

[February 21, 2017, 11:29:39 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallout; Vault 26  (Read 8946 times)
nedius
librarian

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:29 PM »

Got this a week or two ago!

Figured I would give a review of this stuff I got from Deltadog here on the forums.

Well... the stuff is great. Really good quality stuff. The resin is a good quality, the moulds are clearly good and there are little or no bubbles, breaks etc. The detail is excellent, and very much invokes the fallout style (which is why I got them!).

His self sculpted stuff is a little rougher than the 3d print casts, but certainly are still very good quality (I have two figures to build - will get pics once done), and I am very satisfied with them. They do make my brother Vinni power armours look rather small in comparison, but I think that is due to the different scale of armour as portreyed in FO4.

Anyway, I would definately recommend his stuff for anyone wanting to do some retro post apoalyptic interior decorating! Am looking forward to getting all this painted and onto my board! Just need to milder weather for undercoating...

nedius
librarian

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2017, 10:25:01 PM »

And another pic - a WIP of my own.

The female will be my alternative wasteland fighter figure, and is the one I ordered from Crooked Dice.

The other two models are my super mutants.

The 1st is a basic super mutant, armed with a 'pipe' assault rifle. It's a kit bash of Mantic Plague and Prodos Necomutant parts. The Plague torso is larger than that of the necromutant, but the necromutant legs are larger... put them together and I have something unique and larger than either and who, with some clever basing, stands a good head taller than a human. I dont knkw whether to armour him.  My experiments with greenstuff and plasticard weren't hugely good.

The second is the free Slaughter Priest they gave away with White Dwarf a few months back. I had no use for a slaughter priest, but a super mutant warlord/overlord? That I could do with. This is still only half done. The armour has been cut plain and needs resulpting, and a lot of greenstuff work done here and there. He will be my melee variant. The weapon will either be unique, or a count as super sledge, or just built into his profile to have a high melee attack.

The ranged version will also be from a slaughter priest - armed with a gattling laser (from Deltadog). May wait a bit on that till I learn to sculpt armour. Anyone know any good tutorials...?
Manchu
scientist

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2017, 10:39:07 PM »

Your mutants look great! I am really looking forward to see how you paint up the alt wastelander. What a great sculpt!
nedius
librarian

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »

Ok, I need some help.

I'm quite pleased with my mutant overlord... However, I've done everything I was going to, but he just doesn't feel finished...

So, what is missing? What would you do to complete it?

Here are some angle shots.

Anpu
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

Life in the vault is about to change...

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2017, 09:58:21 AM »

Sweet!

Zombie Ste
bookworm

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »

Great looking mini, only thing I can think to improve (& I feel like a total snob for saying it needs improving in any way! ) would be maybe a shoulder guard/pad on the naked arm. That might help balance his silhouette out a little more as well as add some extra bulk. Of course being careful not to hide his face. Maybe a half car tire or some 'Orky' plates
All in all though a really nice looking mini! Loving the engine block flail Love I like the cut of your jib good sir!
Now given your master's degree in kit bashing could you recommend me parts for a toxic avenger miniature I want to build but have been drawing blanks on for quite some time
clanmac
librarian

Danger - Stupid and Industrious

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »

That's just awesome. Not sure it does need any further improvement but if you had to, I'm with  Zombie Ste, another shoulder pad.

Brilliant concept, wonderfully executed.

Mac

It's not big, or clever, but let's do it anyway.
nedius
librarian

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »

Whilst I consider my Overlord options, I've taken the chance to get a bit more painting done.

My bloatflies and centaurs.

The bloatflies have a mix of grey and brown to be the normal flies, and one will be heavily washed to leave it black, and another given a wash of bright green to be a glowing bloatfly.

The centaurs will have a blood drenched injury look - something to make look suitably disgusting!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:31:00 PM by nedius » Logged
beefcake
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2017, 01:33:36 AM »

The overlord is awesome. How about a decorate sack of human body parts, goggles on his head, maybe a ranged weapon holstered?

nedius
librarian

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2017, 11:13:28 PM »

These are almost done... Just need to add some matt varnish to some bits to tone down the shine.

nedius
librarian

« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2017, 10:01:49 PM »

Well, here is reply 100 for the thread! I had hoped to save it for something spectacar, but that plan has proven to be a slower process, so will hold onto the suprise!

Anyway, here is my Super Mutant Overlord.

I can't put my finger on it, but I'm not happy with it. That said, I rarely am with my painting.

The armour is inspired by the FO4 mutant armour, so greenish. I went more green as it originally was more rust orange, which blended in with the vault furniture and floor tiles too much. This now blends in with skin tone a bit much, but then that is the way it is in FO4... so am a bit stuck. I still have lots of finishing and detailing to do, so maybe it will come together a bit more via that process.

I have lots more stuff that is wip and more pics to take and share, so there should be some more updates soon.
Ragnar
mad scientist

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2017, 10:23:41 PM »

Great project!  I like the conversions.

Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.
Muzfish4
scientist

« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2017, 01:00:49 AM »

I like him.

Just as a suggestion, if you're looking to add a bit more maybe some light metal stippling on the engine block and chain to show where the rust has flaked off with recent usage?

nedius
librarian

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2017, 01:45:27 PM »

A good idea. I tried to, but it is a bit too subtle and will need going over.

Oh, and some more news! Well, a review, really.

These are some of my more recent aqusitions (not the table - that is my own work).

Of particular note are the computer stack and monitor, some of DELTADOG's test models for his up-coming terrain range.

They are both exceptional models. The quality is fantastic - crisp, clean and clear details. The resin is clearly high quality and they look amazing. They were lots of fun to paint up.

Their size is a tiny bit big for true scale, but not overly, and a reduction in size would compromise the detail so I agree with Delta's decision to make them fit both the smaller true scale and the increasing number of heroic/32-35mm scale post apoc figures/ranges.

I will watch for the rest of Deltadog's range with interest, and can't recommend his work enough!
nedius
librarian

« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

WIP wanamingo!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

Jump to: