lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 12:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 12:24:03 AM]

[Today at 12:17:39 AM]

[Today at 12:15:42 AM]

[Today at 12:14:50 AM]

[Today at 12:08:10 AM]

[Today at 12:08:09 AM]

[Today at 12:01:15 AM]

[April 27, 2017, 11:53:56 PM]

[April 27, 2017, 11:52:03 PM]

[April 27, 2017, 11:44:14 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Author Topic: Under an Ashen Sky - The Elder Scrolls in 28mm (Frostgrave)  (Read 33479 times)
Hupp n at em
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #150 on: June 09, 2016, 09:40:37 PM »

I'd play This is not a Test, but CBA reading from .pdfs and haven't bothered to check if the print rule book is out yet.

I think it'll be out later this year, it was a central part of the kickstarter which wrapped up a couple months ago and should deliver in the fall. So you won't have long to wait.  Smiley
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2016, 12:17:55 AM »

Aye, I'll get back into Fallout whenever I have actual rules to play. Which'll be after I've wrapped up my current Frostgrave campaign anyway.

I played around some more with the caves. Nothing to post yet. Nah, just me cringing as I discover I'll need to make more little bits to fill in gaps. Well, or I just go for more limited setups. ...For the time it'd take rearranging the tiles just making extra filler pieces wouldn't be so bad. Tongue
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2016, 07:49:08 PM »

There was an English football game today =/= I had 2 hours free at work so:

Finished this one. Well, mostly; still need to do the shoes/tidy that quiver.

She's a ranger, so bow, hand weapon and leather armour (or stripped down Bonemold).

Whilst that dried, a quickie. A mockup for a Dwemer Sphere.

I did that as a test for making more. I could probably get away with doing most of the sculpting in one pass, but the details aught to have been done on top of mostly set clay.

Besides that, I found some Malifaux Void Wretches on the cheap.

Which fit in with Morrowind's creature design.

If I can find an excuse to use them...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:51:21 PM by Wyrmalla » Logged
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2016, 11:40:02 PM »

I have a chronic lack of updates here unfortunately, but I've another game this week, so more crap's been finished. Smiley

Firstly, I painted the Bonemold wearing Ranger.

Whom I rather like, but well you'll say that about whatever's the latest thing you made; then hate it in a year's time.

Now I need to make a captain model...

(and finish all the other greens I have laying about)

This week's scenario involves pillars marking out an area of the table. There's four in the game, but only three of these shrines in the games, but I'll find something workable.

Those represent the 3 central Dunmer deities (post Red Year) -  Azura, Boethiah and Mephala. I could make shrines in a different style to the Saints, but these will do for furniture/ objectives for now.

Oh, and they're just a 30mm lipped base, with a two triangles of plasticard mounted on top, then a wad of shaped milliput on that. Bugger all effort - bar the milliput being a bit naff quality.

Besides that stuff, I painted up some more loose bits.

The odd smaller ruin to fill in gaps.

And a go at scaffolding (which I made ages ago, but never got around to painting), which goes along with the ruins for easier access to the more intact buildings.

Depending on how things go I might make another few of the smaller pieces. Though I'm short of pretty much everything terrain wise.

So, I've made it a bit further towards filling out my terrain set, though'm still short of the enclosed alley system I want my Hlaalu board to look like.

I need more less ruined buildings I guess. ...Or just larger ruins with higher walls. Ack, I'll soon by having to take two boxes of stuff with my in order to play on 3x3 tables. Sad

(worth it)
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2016, 09:55:43 PM »

A Hlaalu Guardsman, or a Knight for the purposes of Frostgrave.

What kind of silly guard walks about with a tower shield and Gladius instead of just a shield/sword? Ah, video games...

He'll perhaps stand in as a Captain in my next game (I just made an armature for a captain and a new Wizard tonight), but ultimately is there to replace the Ordinator I'm using right now (which looks crap).

Most of his, and all the other Dark Elves which I have, gear is made from bone (though crafted in a more advanced manner than the Nords and Wood Elves). I'd like to think that's because lack of metal ores in the region, but there being plenty of weird fauna. What does pass for ore is of a high quality though, with the Ebony and Glass armour of the Empire primarily being sourced from Morrowind. Bone and Chitin don't make for good weapons though, so instead those in use are mostly imported Imperial steel (or more exotic Dwemer).  

I'd have liked to have made another ruin, but somehow have ran out of that creamy brown paint. Bah!

Oh, and the original art:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:05:56 PM by Wyrmalla » Logged
M.P.
scientist

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »

Splendid work  Love.

My roleplaying/wargaming blog: barbaricfrontier.blogspot.com
LordOdo
mad scientist

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2016, 03:40:22 PM »

Reaaly great! You captured the feeling perfectly!

''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

srba
assistant

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2016, 09:58:01 PM »

That knight is actually perfect. Love it!
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2016, 12:24:39 AM »

This week. Tongue

Scenario 4 in the Thaw of the Lich Lord campaign.

Rules: in the middle of the table is an open area surrounded by four pillars (we choose to assume they were the remains of a temple). At the end of turn 3 the skeletons within this area come to life.

In reality - the usual "run up, steal the treasure, trade some blows/ run away" affair. By the time the skeletons had arisen we'd already taken the treasure and retreated. =/

(Personally I'd have it so the skeletons rise as you enter the area, rather than at a random point later in the game)

Not amazing pictures, but here's the warbands involved. My own Summoner group, and the opposing Witch led lot.

No, that bear isn't cute at all. Its ferocious!

...And like the fifth one which the witch has taken from an animal sanctuary (on the promise of best intents to its owners), only to have it stabbed to death by yet another of my (4) knights. Sad

Sorry if the game pics are a bit dull (and sparring - we tend to be short on time).

Taking things forward the push right now's to finish my Captain model. The cave work will continue obviously, though I could also do with more intact buildings (I've too many ruined ones, whereas I want a alleyway looK) and perhaps scatter terrain like crate piles.

Another 2 weeks off from work yet, so I'll see where things go.
steeldragon
bookworm

« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2016, 04:47:06 AM »

Really like the scaffold idea!

I might steal that Smiley

Andres
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:58 PM »

I've a need to post something, so here's where tonight's efforts are going.

An 8'' by 8'' section, before I texture it with milliput.

Its a transitional piece from the cave system into a small Tribunal shrine, perhaps a lost temple, or maybe just a small one for any mine workers.

(direct link if the above image screws itself up, as wiki images are like to do)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/File:TES3_Morrowind_-_Molag_Mar_-_Temple_interior.jpg

The walls will be the cave texture. The rear one though may be have a Tribunal temple fresco (painted separately then stuck on later). The central triangle platform will be left as it is, but with the side areas having cobbles.

The central circle will be an ash pit with loose bones. Aye, and I'll replace the Christian crosses on the coffins in the alcoves, and replace them with Tribunal marks (or just scratch build some new ones from balsa).

I'm waffling a bit, but aye, there's where the caves are right now. The rest of the pieces are being worked on too slowly, but they're a struggle. Every time I lay down all the pieces I come up short on different shapes and push myself back. I could limit myself to certain setups, though that'll just cause headaches later when trying to actually build a table.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:56:10 PM by Wyrmalla » Logged
Achilles
mad scientist

Heal them, with fire from above.

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2016, 02:16:37 AM »

Just a fantastic job all around. Great theme and execution! Smiley

All life is an experiment.
The more experiments you make, the better.
To see more painted Toy Soldiers, check out my Blog!
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2016, 06:42:44 PM »

All clayed up and ready to paint, well bar sanding down the clay a bit.

* the rectangle of plasticard at the back isn't glued down yet, thus the weird angle its sitting at.

Looking at it, it looks like it aught to represent an ancestral tomb, rather than a shrine or temple. Which I guess fits the cave system terrain. I'll maybe add some coffins to some of the smaller pieces to fit this.

Thoughts on any changes I should make before painting it? Huh?
Hupp n at em
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2016, 08:23:11 PM »

Really like how the milliputt pulled all those elements together. You're a milliputt pro at this point.  Laugh Cheesy
LordOdo
mad scientist

« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2016, 01:00:44 AM »

It looks fantastic! Really Eldar Scrolls!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Jump to: