lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 12:41:45 AM]

[Today at 12:36:11 AM]

[Today at 12:28:53 AM]

[Today at 12:19:15 AM]

[Today at 12:18:26 AM]

[Today at 12:14:21 AM]

[Today at 12:11:29 AM]

[Today at 12:04:08 AM]

[Today at 12:03:13 AM]

[Today at 12:02:08 AM]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Down
Author Topic: Fallout: Vaultventures - A Postapoc Boardgame - (Preview Furnituresets p.51)  (Read 122674 times)
DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« on: March 05, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »

Hi there

Im new here, maybe someone know me from the past in other Miniaturescommunities, if so yes Im the same.

Im working for a while now on a Fallout like Boardgame for my personal favor and a friend of mine told me here would be a place people are predicted to see Fallout Miniature gaming stuff.

The Boardtiles are made with the G.E.C.K. Rendered as Screenshot und Postprocessed in Photoshop to the here seen Result. The Board is Modular and will have around 60 Tiles. A huge pile of Cards are still to do, like Lootcards, Enemycards, Eventcards and so on. Markers and Dice are ready sofar, atm. Im workign on the completation of the Miniaturerange. The Miniatures a mixed stuff. Some are bought, some are Kitbashed, some are sculpted completely new. The Scale of the Boardgame is 32mm.

Here some pictures (some used in a German Boardgameforum thats the reason for the german descriptions on the pictures, sry was too lazy to change it :-) ).

I will try to keep the further progress blogged here. Next Steps are new Models for: Radroache, Deathclaw, Molerat and Yao guai.

Greetz
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:48:50 PM by DELTADOG » Logged
Constable Bertrand
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:20:20 PM »

Nice finish to the artwork! I like the rooms and the placement positions, they are very high res. 300dpi and 100% scaled? If so they will print very nicely.

Isn't brother vinni miniatures 28mm? Not 32mm

Show me more Cheesy

Cheers
Matt

DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »

The Boardtiles have the "weak" point, that the pictureredering of the Screenshot in GECK is attached to the Screenresolution. My Screen ends up with 1920x1280. The End printed Boardtiles have to fit on A4 format that my printer can take it. All Boards have a Resolution of about 180-220 dpi. Not overall Offsetprint Quality but nearby not noticable. The boards are printed on PVC Stickerfilm and clued on 3mm black Plasticcardboard.

Brother Vinnies Miniatures are not all exactly in the same scale and change a bit from Model to Model but only in a very small amount. The middled overall Value is 32mm from feet to eyebrown and thats normally the meassurement for the Scalenumber.
Cherno
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:49:55 PM »

It all looks very good, you could also consider area movement instead of the circle-spaces that remind me of Tannhuser. Gears of War: The Boardgame has a very nice area movement mechanic with support for cover. Also, if you didn't already know, there's a fan-made Monopoly variant with the Fallout theme:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Aleksandr_the_Great/Fallout_Monopoly

Anpu
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

Life in the vault is about to change...

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 02:38:00 PM »

Looks like a good start I will be watching this thread Wink

DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 03:41:15 PM »

The mechanic with the round movement tiles give me maximum flexibility while the arrangment of paths on the Board segments f.e. around pillars, Desks etc. Free space with a significant Solid in it, will give cover or blocking line of sight. The movementsystem of gears of war works fine with the clean layouted Boardtiles. In this Case Ive arrangent a lot of items on the boards to make them more "alive" and to avoid a sterile look alike.

The Monopolygame i know for sure. Its a very cool work and Ive used the Idea with the Caps to my game. I`m using it as InGame currency
joekano
mad scientist

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 05:22:41 PM »

Those minis are looking great, and I like the tiles too. Will be keeping an eye on this.

Chris

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room." -President Merkin Muffley
http://majorthomasfoolery.blogspot.com/
Wyrmalla
mastermind

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »

That's a cool idea using top down screenshots from the game as tiles. Are you using a texture pack or just the default textures? Its probably not worth suggesting, but one like NMC's may work better than the base game textures if you're printing due to the higher resolution.

I'd never have thought of using a Space Marine model as a basis for a sentry bot. Care to list the non Games Workshop pieces? Pity MessyArt's working on his own one, or I would've sculpted up one for myself like that.

Ooh, which cheeky bugger's making Sentry Bot and Bloatfly models?  Shocked
Brummie Thug
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 06:29:14 PM »

Looks cool so far  Cheesy
DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »

The Textures are with a texturepack but those packs are a 2 sided sword, because they may can crash G E C K while mapping don`t know why. Except from this I still search for a posebillity to render the Boards uncoupled from the Screenresolution. As long this is working in this way, the Extrem crispy High Res of the floorplans is not to achieve.

Here a Photo of the "real" printed finished Floortiles. Each Joint where 2 Tiles connecting are prepared with magnets to have a stable Board while playing. The Boradtiles still have to get a thin coat of matt Varnish, because the PVC Printerfilm is glossy like hell.

The Sentinal Bot is made from a upper Torsomount Spacemarine from the Accsessories Sprue of the Land Raider. The Head is VERY old from the Mutant Chronicles TT. Shoulders are made from the Tips of Bombs from an old Revell Kit of a 2nd WW Fighter. The Legs are the "lower Parts of the same Bombs). The Arms are from the Land Raider Sprue as well. Was a quick Kitbash clued together with Pro Create.
From the Sentinal Bot excist only this one Model. But the Bloatfly and the Robobrain are sculpted and I`ve made Molds from them ;-). This Models on the Pictures are Resincasts (With Bubbles :-( my Vacuumstation ist out of Order atm)
The Wings of the Bloatflys are made with wings from Jokeflies from Amazone. The Ant is a Jokeant as well to find at Amazone for only a few Euros.
The Sentry Gun Turrent on the first picture is made from this Land Raider Sprue as well btw.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:56:10 PM by DELTADOG » Logged
DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 10:13:25 PM »

Maybe someone guess what comes next to the vault  Cheesy Unfortunatly Photography is not my mastership at all sry.

Cherno
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »

You could try to export a room in G.E.C.K. to a file so that you can import it in a 3d modeling application like 3D Studio Max or anything else you might have access to, possibly even Blender. This will allow you to render at any resolution.
DELTADOG
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

The two-handed G.E.C.K

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »

Thats true Cherno, but the mess with the textures is unspellable ;-) Ive tried it and got a really painfull mess with the mappings, that forced me back in the FO Gameengine.
Messyart
scientist

Repopulating the Wasteland, one corpse at a time.

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »

Wish I could work that quickly. x3
Should use other materials.

Nice collections here. c:

If you'd like an apocalyptic monster in 28mm, throw me a PM and I'll think it over.
JackTR
bookworm

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 11:54:09 AM »

Hey, nice job done there, i'm curious to see the next part!

Btw where is your sentry bot from ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Up

Jump to: