lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 09:57:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 09:55:41 AM]

[Today at 09:45:50 AM]

[Today at 09:44:16 AM]

by Inso
[Today at 09:40:04 AM]

[Today at 09:39:57 AM]

[Today at 09:26:37 AM]

[Today at 09:21:50 AM]

[Today at 09:15:36 AM]

[Today at 09:13:02 AM]

[Today at 09:01:55 AM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Empire of the Dead - "The Cult of Sutekh"  (Read 1344 times)
Van-Helsing
mastermind

(A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)

« on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:32 PM »

I adore Empire of the Dead, everyone who knows me is aware of that - but one of the things missing (in my humble opinion) are rules for an Egyptian Based Faction.

As everyone knows it is a fact of History that the Victorians were singularly obsessed with Egypt, perhaps in part because there existed a pervasive belief that Egypt was the Britain of the ancient world — a superior, and highly advanced civilization conquering all of the World within its reach.

Egypt was a founding civilization; all other Eastern civilizations were, as a printed guide to the 1985 Exhibition of the Art of Ancient Egypt at Britain’s Burlington Fine Arts Club states, “pale imitations” of the vivid Egyptian culture.

“Reference has been made to Greek influence on Egyptian art,” reads the Burlington Club program, but it assures the reader that “in the case of influence generally, Egypt has been the donor, not the recipient.” just like Victorian Britain influenced so much of the Worlds Culture at the time.

The program later observes that, “The influence of Egyptian art on that of the other great civilizations of antiquity can be traced in all directions” - once again something true of Victorian Britain.

But I digress, what I have attempted to do with "The Cult of Sutekh" - combining several familiar "elements".

"The Cult of Sutekh" Booklet - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?weusuh5xitqr5x9

Printer Friendly version of "The Cult of Sutekh" Booklet - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4yoopevf8irus03

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind" ~ H. P. Lovecraft

https://www.facebook.com/nexus.miniatures
Mike D. Mc Brice
mad scientist

Lead Painters League Winner

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 05:20:02 PM »

WOW, that's a very nice document! I've just skimmed through it and found it very inspiring. Did you playtest this warband? How does it do in a campaign?

Can you use either the Eternal OR the Hum Natir as a leader or can you field both and decide which one leads? I wonder how the Eternal plays on the battlefield with move 3 and these incredible fighting values. He better than a werewolf...

Van-Helsing
mastermind

(A.K.A. Doctor Warlock)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 07:05:35 PM »

The Eternal is terrifying against a Mortal, but ultimately it "levels out" vs a Lycaon or a Nosferatu.

Yes, that's correct - you can either field an Eternal OR a Hum Natir as a leader - you can field both and decide who is the leader and who is the subordinate (something that will be in the next version).

It does OK, the movement is deliberately slow - it really does a lot to balance it out. I've found some people try to rely a little too much on the Eternal, but they generally come unstuck after a few games when people get wise to how to play against him, and start taking him down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: