lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2017, 05:45:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 05:40:01 PM]

[Today at 05:36:31 PM]

[Today at 05:33:48 PM]

[Today at 05:31:47 PM]

[Today at 05:27:58 PM]

[Today at 05:25:47 PM]

[Today at 05:24:05 PM]

by nils
[Today at 05:20:46 PM]

[Today at 05:11:09 PM]

[Today at 05:07:10 PM]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Brink of Battle - Official Thread - New TRAIT pg 7!  (Read 19875 times)
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »

You've waited long enough.  I'm giving you 36 pages of Fantasy gaming material for FREE!

Check it out here http://brinkofbattle.blogspot.com/

Noch Weiter!

Bob

Check out my minis blog at http://4sparta.blogspot.com/  & my Origins Award Nominated Skirmish Game at www.brinkofbattle.com
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:06 PM »

Well, unfortunately we have had little response to the concept of a world wide Fantasy Campaign for now.  So we'll bounce it until our community has grown some.

If you are interested in what we have in store for future updates, drop me a pm and we'll discuss.

Thanks,

Bob
BOBBLE HEAD
student

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 08:05:10 AM »

Hello!!!
      I finaly got my comfermation to my registeration! Its me, John Sisk Grin

I am getting ready for a big play test day next week! I am doing 6 warbands, writen with as much stuff from the Fantasy book as I can cram in! 2 are Elite, 2 Standard, and 2 Hordes. Players will draw warbands from a box to determine opponents, to really try each style of play against each other! I might even have pics to go with it, too!
     Elites: Church Monster Hunters and Deamon Souled Cultists.
     Standard: Carpathian Wolfmen and Church Troops
     Hordes: Impressed Terrified Village Militia and Devil Worshiping Mountain Wildmen

A great battle for the souls of eastern Europe!!
BOBBLE HEAD
student

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2012, 08:46:28 AM »

I have a question. I made my Church Hunters, and you were kind enough to point ot that a model only needs to pay Supply Points for Black Powder Pistols once, even if the model has 2 or even 3. Does tgis only apply to Black Powder Pistols? Or does any other weapon with the Sidearm Trait get this too?
   My Deamon Souled Beast Handler is sculpted holding 2 Hand Crossbows, so Im wondering if I need to pay for both, or just one, like the BPPistols?
   And its okay if a Wardog, doesnt LOOK like a dog right? It can be a Deamonic, tooth and claw covered, slobbering ankle-biter right?  Cheesy
Feral Lupin
lurker

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »

Two questions for ya, Herr Faust.  First, do the staves and scepter in the magic section count as a staff in melee combat?  Secondly, am I reading Godspark right? As long as one of the nominated target models is within my caster's Arcane Aura, subsequent models can be anywhere on the board?
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2012, 05:35:15 PM »

I have a question. I made my Church Hunters, and you were kind enough to point ot that a model only needs to pay Supply Points for Black Powder Pistols once, even if the model has 2 or even 3. Does tgis only apply to Black Powder Pistols? Or does any other weapon with the Sidearm Trait get this too?
   My Deamon Souled Beast Handler is sculpted holding 2 Hand Crossbows, so Im wondering if I need to pay for both, or just one, like the BPPistols?
   And its okay if a Wardog, doesnt LOOK like a dog right? It can be a Deamonic, tooth and claw covered, slobbering ankle-biter right?  Cheesy

Guns first - You only need to buy a Sidearm once.  It's more applicable to black powder pistols and hand crossbows, because they aren't packing a clip of ammo.  The assumed premise is that you will have enough to use regularly in Close combat without counting bullets and biscuits so to speak.

There will be a section on WYSIWYG in the full Epic Heroes supplement that will discuss the softer parameters for handling all manner of fantasy figures.  So for now, you can use demonic hound type models as long as your opponent is totally clear on what you have there.

Great questions!
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2012, 05:39:11 PM »

Two questions for ya, Herr Faust.  First, do the staves and scepter in the magic section count as a staff in melee combat?  Secondly, am I reading Godspark right? As long as one of the nominated target models is within my caster's Arcane Aura, subsequent models can be anywhere on the board?

Use magic staves as the usual Staff weapon, and Scepters as a club.

Godspark does not allow you to reach anyone outside your Arcanist's Arcane Aura distance.  When you first pick your targets, they must be within the Arcane Aura distance to be targeted in the first place.  Once you measure to see who is really in range, only those that are get affected.  As long as you have at least one target model, the spell can be used normally. If no target model is within range, then the spell fails to go off.

Great questions!
BOBBLE HEAD
student

« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »

Helllllo, again! Cheesy
    I am writing up 2 new warbands using the models from Dust, and keeping to that setting, and to represent some of the Heroic, and wierd war aspects ( like zombies, and Gorilla-men! ) will it break the game, balance wise, to mix Fantasy Traits ( not Arcana ) and Sci Fi in the same game?
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:37 AM »

Helllllo, again! Cheesy
    I am writing up 2 new warbands using the models from Dust, and keeping to that setting, and to represent some of the Heroic, and wierd war aspects ( like zombies, and Gorilla-men! ) will it break the game, balance wise, to mix Fantasy Traits ( not Arcana ) and Sci Fi in the same game?

Not at all!  You should be able to mix and match both supplements.  I was going to wait on releasing the sci-fi rules, but a few folks wanted it really badly, so its up on the site.  The mixing of that with the Fantasy rules should get you by on pretty much anything you want to do. 

You could run a Shadowrun game using magic and the high tech weaponry if you wanted..... Wink
Anatoli
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »

Hi Robert,

Just wondering if my buddy Patrik contacted you about some suggestions for Period 3?

It came up last weekend during a modern warfare game (AAR coming up in a few days due to long backlog), "Ghillie suits", heavy sniper rifles and sniper teams (gunner & spotter) features aren't included. So he thought you might be interested in adding the two somehow.

There was a discussion about modern snipers that day and it seemed to boil down to sniper teams being something primarily being used by the US, UK and "western inspired" countries - while snipers in Russia and many other places act on their own.

So how would you feel adding a profile for:

Ghillie suit

.50 cal sniper rifles (to differentiate them from the smaller caliber and light sniper rifles).

Sniper teams
- a feature where you buy 2 models, one being the gunner and one being the spotter. Patrik tried out his idea last weekend , this included buying 2 models who acted as a team. One of them had the sniper rifle, the other had a regular rifle. Between them they had marksman , hawkeye and a few other things to make the "spotter" really add extra bonuses for the elite sniper duo.
commissarmoody
galactic brain

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 02:20:01 AM »

Don't forget, Modern scout snipers also have Radios so they can call for fire and other support.

But yeah the modern "western" idea of a sniper is of a highly trained professional marksmen.

But the term really just means some one that fires from concealment.

"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 04:32:41 AM »

So how would you feel adding a profile for:

Ghillie suit

.50 cal sniper rifles (to differentiate them from the smaller caliber and light sniper rifles).

Sniper teams
- a feature where you buy 2 models, one being the gunner and one being the spotter. Patrik tried out his idea last weekend , this included buying 2 models who acted as a team. One of them had the sniper rifle, the other had a regular rifle. Between them they had marksman , hawkeye and a few other things to make the "spotter" really add extra bonuses for the elite sniper duo.

He hasn't yet, but here are my thoughts on the above.  The .50 cal sniper rifle is represented already as the Sniper Rifle in the Period 3 list.  It covers the Barret 82 etc and any similar rifle system.  It also includes a Scope.  So that one is done.  However, I intentionally did not make it a Crew served weapon system, because it is, as you say, a Western protocol to have a spotter.  This will be addressed in the Spec Ops micro supplement that we'll release sometime in the first half of next year.  I'm open to any and all suggestions from BoB players for what they want to see on that.

The Ghillie suit was not forgotten, and will be an improved version of Camouflage Uniform. For now I'd suggest using the Camouflage Uniform Gear and /or the Infiltrator Trait. 

I like what he did with the Sniper Team, and we'll probably look to that as a Crew(2) setup down the road.

I also have Darkness and Bad Weather rules that I left out to keep the page count reasonable on the rulebook.  They also include Night Vision systems.  All of those I'll likely 'leak' down the road to give Period 3 playsers some extra options.   Cheesy
Faust23
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 04:37:35 AM »

Don't forget, Modern scout snipers also have Radios so they can call for fire and other support.

I have Commo systems rules that will be released in the future and maybe we'll look into fire support, but that's not definite at this point.
commissarmoody
galactic brain

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:01 AM »

Yeah fire support might be a little to much for the game at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:53:31 AM by commissarmoody » Logged
BOBBLE HEAD
student

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:00 AM »

So, I have been writing warbands for playing Dust Warfare at skirmish level using BoB. Ive done 2 Axis , and 2 Allied. Now I am doing an Alien warband, based on the Vril from Dust mythos ( the alien ship frozen in Antarctica that the Nazis find that unlocks future-tech ). I an using COG models from AT43.
  The alien tech is easy, but I am having a heck of a time trying to think of an Inborn trait to represent them physicaly? The models are very tall, 50% taller than a human, but not Brute caliber. I was thinking making them Lizardmen-esque, but that doesnt seem right either... I also considered Gracefull, making them physicaly weaker than a man, but speedy. ( and the minis, while tall, are stick thin without the heavy armor on! )
   Also, I am playing Epic Heroes tomarrow night with a friend ( just a friendly game ) Is there a thread to post battle reports? I cant do pics right now ( no working 'puter ) but a brief write-up I can do!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Jump to: