lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 10:54:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 10:53:50 AM]

[Today at 10:52:54 AM]

[Today at 10:52:30 AM]

[Today at 10:50:41 AM]

[Today at 10:48:34 AM]

[Today at 10:29:46 AM]

[Today at 10:27:46 AM]

[Today at 10:26:49 AM]

[Today at 10:26:21 AM]

[Today at 10:24:49 AM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Season 1 - The Results  (Read 24404 times)
meninobesta
mad scientist

Bastard Saint, Scorn of the Earth

« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »

Quote from: "Malamute"
Well done to Mike and everyone for making monday mornings worth getting up for!  And a big thanks to the Prof for putting the time into organising such a splendid event Smiley

If I could write English as good, I would say the same thing! Smiley

but I can't, so I'll try my best:

I've seen in this competition some very impressive stuff, that in my opinion are one of the best paint/model jobs I've seen in the web!

Looking forward for another season
Cheers! and keep up with the fabulous work, to the organiser and the competitors!

Cheers,
Pedro
Hammers
Amateur papiermachiéer
Supporting Adventurer
elder god

Workbench and Pulp Moderator

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 10:45:02 PM »

I think this have been a most interesting painting competition since it differs from other similar competitions in that it promotes a prolific output of high quality wargaming miniatures. There is none of this Golden Deamon styled bollox, this competition has a much more utilitarian spin. Every week your supposed to crank out a full team of lead adventurers and villains that look the business for an inspiring game!

Eventhough I had no chance to fight in pole position with the winners I found this competition worked quite well for me. It made me focus on what to paint. I have painted with both more care and efficiency. My output has risen. Most importantly I find that in my own eyes I am, even in comparaison with some of the very skilled painters here, quite happy with my own results.

I don't know to what degree anyone has thought of this consciously but I think the entries have been judged by quality, originality, setting, photography and turnover. Alex has nail this thing admirbly by first showing, before the competition, that it can be done and also by setting rules promoting this. To you fellows in the lead, Mike foremost; among so many talented painters I think you've performed, small and perhaps specialized but still, a feat.

Personally I think I will have to wait till retirement till I can nail all the aspects of the LPL but I'll still keep trying next season.

Thanks all!

Westfalia Chris
Cardboard Warlord
Administrator
galactic brain

Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »

Ahhh... yes, ´twas a great time. Looking forward to the next one, for a new bout of painting and translating! Wink :Laugh:

Mike D. Mc Brice
mad scientist

Lead Painters League Winner

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

Thanks to everybody who participated, it was thrilling to see the new entries every week and the quality of of the entries was amazing, especially if you consider the necessary painting speed.
Special thanks to Alex who has done a great work with all the organisation!
SgtPerry
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2007, 09:07:47 AM »

Congrats to all the winners, thanks to all the competitors and many thanks to Prof.Witchheimer for organizing such a nice contest!

Olivier
KeyanSark
Supporting Adventurer
mad scientist

Lead for the Lead Mountain!

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

Yes, it has been a fantastic time while the competition was one... Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a recopilatory PDF of all entries in Season 1??

As someone said before, I think there are some of the best miniatures in the 'net in this League.

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Keyan Sark - Coordinador de SithNET
SithNET - http://www.loresdelsith.net
TT - http://talisman.foro.st
http://displacedminiatures.com/keyansark
--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
Prof.Witchheimer
Administrator
elder god

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 09:47:36 AM »

Shame on me! Forgot to thank Chris for his fantastic support on the translating of all the League rules, additions, supplements and other things related to the competition. Actually we have lots of special rules and  without his help it wouldn't be possible to make all that crazy stuff understandable. Thanks, mate :-)
W.B.Kurgan
scientist

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:12 AM »

Quote from: "KeyanSark"
Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a recopilatory PDF of all entries in Season 1??

As someone said before, I think there are some of the best miniatures in the 'net in this League.

Why a PDF? It should be a web-page! I hope the online gallery that was mention a few weeks ago is still on the cards!
 :love:

Mein Flugzeug ist kaputt!
Prof.Witchheimer
Administrator
elder god

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:14 AM »

Quote from: "W.B.Kurgan"
Quote from: "KeyanSark"
Wouldn't it be a good idea to create a recopilatory PDF of all entries in Season 1??

Why a PDF? It should be a web-page! I hope the online gallery that was mention a few weeks ago is still on the cards!
 :love:

yes, is it :-)
W.B.Kurgan
scientist

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 01:11:03 PM »

Wooohooo!  :mrgreen:
Grimm
Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
The Colonial Tales Winner
scatterbrained genius

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 04:39:50 PM »

I thank you all for that nice Lead Painters´ League hope to see all you again next time  :mrgreen:

ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708
Ramshackle_Curtis
mastermind

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 10:03:26 PM »

Fantastic work all round. Some really amazing painting and conversion work. All the models where the painting was under made up for it with excellent choice of models and settings! Thanks for a great display, really enjoyed the dioramas and imagination shown.

Argonor
Supporting Adventurer
elder god

Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!

Location: A secret lab in The Middle of Nowhere, Funen, Denmark

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 01:25:40 AM »

Fantastic work all round. Some really amazing painting and conversion work. All the models where the painting was under made up for it with excellent choice of models and settings! Thanks for a great display, really enjoyed the dioramas and imagination shown.

Didn't you hit the wrong season here, matey..?  Wink

Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84
Ramshackle_Curtis
mastermind

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2008, 12:48:48 PM »

Oops, sorry!

The page with the threads on confused me a little. Hmm...
Argonor
Supporting Adventurer
elder god

Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!

Location: A secret lab in The Middle of Nowhere, Funen, Denmark

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »

I know... too many threads  Laugh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: