lefttop righttop
leftborder rightborder
leftborder
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Recent
[Today at 03:28:57 PM]

[Today at 03:26:13 PM]

[Today at 03:25:07 PM]

[Today at 03:23:06 PM]

[Today at 03:22:29 PM]

[Today at 03:20:19 PM]

[Today at 03:17:51 PM]

[Today at 03:17:31 PM]

[Today at 03:13:07 PM]

[Today at 03:10:53 PM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: What I painted in August 2011  (Read 4347 times)
Calimero
Supporting Adventurer
galactic brain

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 01:15:02 AM »

I've painted less figures that I've expected this month...

« Les avocats et les médecins pullulent : deux classes fort utiles. Les uns tuent, les autres ruinent. » – Arthur Buies, la Lanterne, 1868-1869
Dr.Falkenhayn
Supporting Adventurer
mastermind

guckst du?

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 01:35:44 AM »

I've painted less figures that I've expected this month...

same for me  Cry Lovely  Stuff Calimero,always nice to see your monthly output,keep posting!  Smiley

i painted these

and these

and a few Bikers

R.i.P Oderus Urungus!
FramFramson
galactic brain

Emoticon Knight-Errant

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »

Another...

EDIT: Some slapdash Engineers too

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 11:19:35 PM by FramFramson » Logged
Figouze
Supporting Adventurer
scientist

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »

Some painted things on holidays (25 miniatures) :

Uncle Mike Miniatures, pulp figures and Tengu Models.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:36:44 AM by Figouze » Logged

JazzIsBlues
student

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 12:32:02 AM »

The amazing stuff that you guys do leaves me shamed to post my little efforts here but here they are just the same.

Player character minis for an rpg I ran at Gateway Con 2011 in Los Angeles on Labor Day weekend. Victorian era murder mystery using Jack the Ripper as the vehicle.

Player character minis for an rpg I ran at Gateway Con 2011 in Los Angeles on Labor Day weekend. Modern era normal people who wake up in what initially seems to be a hospital and none of them has any idea how they got here.

Player character minis for another rpg I ran at Gateway Con 2011 in Los Angeles on Labor Day weekend. Basic fantasy game.

Mini I painted for my girlfriend to use as herself in a game she ran at the same con. She and her co-gm were the chief villains in the game.

A Jabberwocky mini from Reaper that I painted for a friend of mine.

It is my practice to paint minis for the player characters for games that I run and give them to the players as a way of saying thank you for playing in my game.

I have so got to get a decent camera and a light box for taking pics.  

The guy that I did the Jabberwocky for took some much better pics. Here's one.

Anyway that's what I did in August. Now to start thinking about mini's for February.

JiB
zizi666
Supporting Adventurer
scatterbrained genius

Location: Gent, the worlds 3rd most beautiful historical city

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 01:28:40 AM »

The amazing stuff that you guys do leaves me shamed to post my little efforts here but here they are just the same.

Duh-uh.
the photos are a bit on the lo-res side, but even then I like what I see. nice paint jobs.
My only remark concerns the bases. The girlfriend and Jabberwocky have cool bases. The other minis would stand out even more with some flocking etc..
Have you considered Vallejo pumice or a similar product (I use tile glue and in earlier days porion filler) for basing ?

P.S. That Jabberwocky looks like a right pain in the  Shocked to put upright. Did you pin it to the base or just used copius amounts of glue ?

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666
JazzIsBlues
student

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 02:51:33 AM »

Thank you very kindly. The pics (except for good one of the jabberwocky) were made with my cell phone. Really desperately need a better camera and a light box.

The bases for the player character mini's are black on purpose. It's sort of a thing with them. I do the player character mini's and give them away to the players at the game. All of the bases have been solid black since I started doing them. I think next time I may break my habit and decorate the bases anyway.

The base is slotted and I glued and puttied it in place. So far it seems plenty strong, but I think a bigger one would be better.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

Regards,

JiB
FramFramson
galactic brain

Emoticon Knight-Errant

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 11:21:30 PM »

This is a figure I actually assembled from haphazardly chopped up Mage Knight bits. I actually liked the way the figure looked, it's just that the figure's supposed to be a dwarf, but was actually as tall as large men, while still being dwarf-proportioned. Which made him kind of look silly.

Here's the "before" version:

So I ripped him apart and rebuilt him from the ground up, this time trying to do it properly. I shaved off the shoulder joints, excess height and pared things down where I could. I epoxied and pinned the bits instead of just comically mashing them together with a glue gun. Then I added several new parts and actually tried greenstuff sculpting (have almost never done any):

Finished and repainted him (now dwarf-sized!). Wasn't able to do too great a job since ultimately I was still using chopped up Mage Knight bits under all that, but it's a big improvement over the first version. 

I also tried to do a tattoo, which was another first for me. It's supposed to be a pair of crossed pistols, which are his faction symbol (you can see kind of it on the base).
JazzIsBlues
student

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 12:47:40 AM »

I usually prime mini's in black, but this time I used white and then went over the white primer with gesso and then a black wash using Badab Black wash from Citedel. I was fairly pleased with the results and will use this technique again. Maybe not every time, but certainly some of the time.

Also did something different with the base. Usually I use green putty to sculpt the base and paint it then glue down grass and rocks and whatever (when I do bases that is I sometimes leave them just black). This time I painted the base with white glue and dunked it in sand tallus let that dry painted areas over the tallus base with white glue and dunked it into the grass.

Just thought I'd share. More to come.

JiB
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: